- Between experimental, applied and social sciences, thanks to its pronounced interdisciplinary character.
- Between students of different backgrounds, from Asturias, the rest of Spain and abroad, also thanks to the double title and ample international collaborations.
- Between the University, private companies and society in general, thanks to modules carried out in private companies, the valuable participation of the The European Center for Business and Innovation (CEEI) of the Principado de Asturias, with wide and recognised experience in the formation of biotech companies and the numerous businesses in which the students can carry out work/project placements.
The MBEH is a multidisciplinary proposal destined to extend knowledge on biotechnological applications related to the environment and health. Special emphasis is put on the study of how changes in the environment can affect health, a powerful recently emerged subdiscipline known as environmental health. Without leaving aside the scientific foundations and the research and development possibilities that this field offers, the masters is oriented to the professionalization of the students given that practical aspects, such as the early detection, the evaluation of toxic risks, and the biotechnological applications useful for the conservation of the environment and health are preferentially addressed. More specifically, in the second year special relevance is given to formation in the creation and management of biotech companies, legal aspects and intellectual property, etc, in the biotechnological and environmental scope, in order to contribute to increasing the student’s entrepreneurship and self-employment possibilities.
- Profile: researcher, professional or entrepreneur depending on the enterprise according to the formative route chosen.
- Capacity to develop in international professional surroundings
- Specialization in scientific/ technical intervention in topics related to the environment and health
- Multidisciplinary knowledge of the biotechnological applications in the environmental and sanitary fields
- Capacity to debate in scientific, technical, institutional, commercial and industrial surroundings
- Multiculturalism and languages
- Capacity to take initiative and make decisions
- Environmental consultant and risk evaluation.
- Development and optimisation of biotechnological solutions.
- Direction of multidisciplinary projects and teams.
- Creation and management of biotech companies.
- Teaching and research in biotechnology, environment and biomedicine.
What do you think?
Send us feedback!