University of Oviedo
Faculty of Science
Department of Physics
c/ Calvo Sotelo s/n, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Phone: +34 985105014/
June 2012- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR at University of Oviedo.
2008-2012 "Ramón y Cajal" RESEARCHER at University of Oviedo.
2007 ASSISTANT PROFESSOR University of Oviedo Teaching experience in Experimental Physics; and ;Spectroscopy and Spectrometry Techniques;.
2005-2006 POSTDOCTORAL POSITION Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zürich, Switzerland. Fundamentals and applications of laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (LA-ICP-MS) within the research group of Prof. Detlef Günther.
- Postdoctoral contract from the Spanish Government (MEC/Fulbright)
- Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowship.
Ph. D. IN PHYSICS (European
Ph.D. Mention) University of Oviedo.
Advisors: Dr. Nerea Bordel and Prof. Dr. Alfredo Sanz-Medel. Title: New instrumentation based on glow discharges with detection by optical emission and mass spectrometry: application to the direct solid analysis of metallic materials and glasses;.
Pre-doctoral short stays abroad
- Research Institute of Materials and Solid State (IFW) in Dresden (Germany). Collaboration with Dr. Volker Hoffmann.
- University of Florida, Florida (USA). Collaboration with Prof. W.W. Harrison.
- Insitute of Spectrochemistry and Applied Spectroscopy (ISAS), Dortmund, (Germany). Collaboration with Dr. Norbert Jakubowski.
1994-1998 BACHELOR DEGREE IN PHYSICS (University of Oviedo).
Publications and citations:
Others:- Teaching experience in Radiology, Experimental Physics and Spectroscopy.