How to reach Oviedo
Oviedo is located in the north of Spain (sure there is also an Oviedo in the U.S., but we are in the original one!), and the beach is not far :-).
The easiest way to reach the city is through the Asturias Airport and then take a bus from the airport to the city. The duration of the trip by bus is more or less 40/45 minutes
(the bus-timetable can be found here)
Alternatively, if you are already in Spain (or if you have arrived at any other airport), you can take a train or a bus .
The meeting's venue
List of hotels and hostals
You can choose from the following searchs on booking, TripAdvisor or infohostal. However, it could happen that there is no availability on those websites but still the corresponding hostel keeps some rooms left; for this reason we recommend to try and reach the hostel directly through its own webpage before giving up. Here's a non-exhaustive list of possibilities (prices shown are orientative):
- Pretty close (5 min.) to the meeting venue are the Ayre hotels Ramiro I and Oviedo, whose lowest prices start from 46-70 ¤.
- Also quite close (5 min.) lie the Hostal Pimentel and Hotel Santa Cruz.
- Within 15-20 min. walking distance, next to the train station (which is not far from the bus station) and still in the city center lie a bunch of cheap ho(s)tels (20-25 ¤), Favila Oviedo, Hotel Alteza, Hostal Oviedo, Hostal Álvarez, Pensión Romero, Hostal San Juan and Hostal Arias.
- If you feel like waking up in the old part of the city (only 20 min.), you might like the following (20-35 ¤), Hostal Arcos, Hostal Fidalgo, Hostal Mendizábal, Hotel Ovetense, Hostal Albino and Gran Hotel España (kind of posch, 50 ¤ and up).
- Finally, possibly the cheapest option is to share a double room at the youth hostel (you need a Hostelling International card, 6-13 ¤) which lies at the other side of the city, but still within 20 min. walking distance, Albergue Juvenil Residencia Ramón Menéndez Pidal.
If you want to do a bit of tourism here you can find some useful information. Below we enumerate some museums and monuments:
The San Salvador cathedral
The archaeological museum
The city of Oviedo (only spanish version)
Also you can take a look at the Oviedo official tourism webpage and the one of the region of Asturias.