Categoría: Personal investigador/ Research Associate (Universidad de Cardiff)
Despacho: Sala Adolfo Posada
Project: Employment relations as multi-level bargaining arenas in transformation
Supervisor(s): Prof. Holm-Detlev Köhler; Dr. Sergio González Begega.
Áreas de interés:
- Relaciones industriales
- Corporaciones multinacionales
- European labour voice
I am a research fellow in the project «Interest Representation of European Employers’ Organisation» (2018-2020) and a member of the Employment Research Unit at Cardiff Business School.
Prior to my current appointment in Cardiff I have worked as a researcher for the European Trade Union Institute (ETUI) in Brussels in a project about board-level employee representation (2017-2018). I have received my PhD in Industrial Sociology from the University of Oviedo in May 2017. From 2013 to 2016 I was employed by the University of Oviedo in Spain as Marie Curie Fellow in the European Marie Curie Network ‘Changing Employment’.
- González Begega S, Köhler HD and Aranea M (2018) Contested industrial democracy discourses in transnational companies. The case of the ArcelorMittal European Social Dialogue Group. Transfer 24 (4) (forthcoming).
- González Begega S and Aranea M (2018) The Establishing of a European Industrial Relations System. Still under Construction or Chasing a Chimera? Employee Relations 40(4) (forthcoming).
- Aranea M (2016) Contested arenas of transnational industrial democracy: the case of European social dialogue in Arcelormittal. Changing Employment ITN Research Paper No. 2016/005
- Aranea M (2016) Multi-level employment relations in the multinational company. Evidence from Allianz SE. In: Pulignano V, Köhler HD and Stewart P (eds.) Employment Relations in an era of change. Multi-level challenges and response in Europe, Brussels: ETUI. (open access)
- González Begega S, Köhler HD and Aranea M (2016) La información y consulta de trabajadores en empresas transnacionales. Dimensiones y despliegue de los comités de empresa europeos. Revista de Derecho Social (72): 185-196.
- Köhler HD, González Begega S and Aranea M (2016) Three Decades of European Works Councils: a quantitative evaluation. Warsaw Forum of Economic Sociology Volume 6 Number 1 (11): 49-74. (open access)
- Lafuente Hernández S, Adascalitei D and Aranea M (2016) Changing Employment Relations in Spain and Romania during the Great Recession: how trade unions respond to the challenge. Changing Employment ITN Research Paper No. 2016/003.
- Aranea M (2013) The Buen Vivir (good life) in Latin America: an alternative developmental concept challenging extractivism in Ecuador. In: Fakier K and Ehmke E (eds.) Socio-economic insecurity in emerging economies. Building new spaces. Routledge: 195-206.
- Meurer M (2011) Review of Guy Standing’s ‘Work After Globalization: Building Occupational Citizenship’ Global Labour Journal 2(1): 68-70. (open access)