Position: ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR (PhD in Economics)
Address: Universidad de Oviedo. Departamento de Economía Aplicada. Facultad de Economía y Empresa. Edificio Departamental, 2º Planta. Campus de El Cristo.
33006 Oviedo. Asturias (España).
Phone: (+ 34) 985 104 990
Núria Hernández Nanclares has a PhD in Economics and is a Professor in the Department of Applied Economics at the University of Oviedo. She has been teaching at the University since 1992, mainly in the field of international economics, European economics, and international relations. She specializes in teaching innovation in Economics and in Higher Education, focusing particularly on evaluation methods and alternative evaluation, the use of active methodologies in Higher Education and the study of social and learning networks. Currently, she is involved in bilingual teaching with a CLIL/AICLE (Content and Language Integrated Learning/Aprendizaje Integrado de Contenidos y Lengua) approach. She has also specialized in teacher training and is actively involved in the Master’s Degree in Secondary Teacher Training. Her teaching on this Master’s involves intensive practice in active and collaborative learning, designing innovative learning experiences for future teachers that allow them to experience, through their own learning, alternative methods of teaching. She currently focuses her research and her main scientific publications in journals such as Interactive Learning Environments, International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism or Journal of Interactive Media in Education.
She has participated in several research projects in the educational field, mainly aimed at studying social networks within the classroom and the role that friendship and technology play in the dissemination of knowledge. She also has experience in the use of technology applied to teaching, both on virtual teaching platforms and in web applications for teaching and learning. As an evaluator, she has participated in quality evaluation processes in the Faculty of Economics and Business and in the School of Computer Science in Oviedo. She has also been a member of the Commission of Advisors for the Development of the European Higher Education Area in both faculties, helping teachers to design teaching guides adapted to the new requirements. Currently, she collaborates as an evaluator with the Agency for the Evaluation of the University System of Castilla y León (ACSUCyL).
- FLIPPED CLASSROOM EN ECONOMÍA MUNDIAL: APLICACIÓN EN UN ENTORNO BILINGÜE
(PINN 14-037); Coordinadora Proyecto de Innovación Docente de la Universidad de Oviedo.
- HERRAMIENTAS DE MEDICIÓN DEL IMPACTO DE LA INMERSIÓN LINGÜÍSTICA EN LA COMPETENCIA DE LOS ALUMNOS DE PRIMERO DEL GRADO EN ECONOMÍA
(PINN-13-023); miembro del equipo Proyecto de Innovación Docente coordinado por D. ANTONIO JOSÉ JIMÉNEZ MUÑOZ.
- Hernández Nanclares, N., Garcia Muñiz, S., Rienties, B. (2016). Making the most of “external” group members in blended and online environments. Interactive Learning Environments. DOI: 10.1080/10494820.2016.1140656. Once the article has published online, it will be available at the following permanent link: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10494820.2016.1140656 .
- Hernández Nanclares, N.; Jimenez Muñoz, A. (2015). English as a Medium of Instruction: Evidence for Language and Content Targets in Bilingual Education in Economics. International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism. DOI: 10.1080/13670050.2015.1125847. Available on line http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13670050.2015.1125847.
- Hernández Nanclares, N.; Perez Rodriguez, M. (2015). Students’ Satisfaction with a Blended Instructional Design: The Potential of “Flipped Classroom” in Higher Education. Journal of Interactive Media in Education, 2016(1): 4, pp. 1–12, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5334/jime.397
- Rienties, B., Hernandez Nanclares, N., Jindal-Snape, D., Alcott, P. (2013). The role of cultural background and team divisions in developing social learning relations in the classroom. Journal of Studies in International Education. 17(4) (pp. 332-353) DOI: 10.1177/1028315312463826.
- Hernández Nanclares, N. (2016). The transition processes of Erasmus students: Motivation, social networks, and academic performance in by Jindal-Snape, D. and Rienties B. (Eds.) Multi-dimensional Transitions of International Students to Higher Education. New Perspectives on Learning and Instruction ISBN : 9781138890916 | Publisher : Routledge | Published : London