Asturias is a region full of mountains and their respective valleys, which made the development of transport routes much slower than in other regions. This fact favored each town conserving different traditions related to their diet. As a result, more than forty varieties of Asturian artisanal cheeses arise, including four Protected Designations of Origin and a Protected Geographical Indication. This wide variety of cheeses makes Asturias one of the most important cheese areas in Europe.
Location Grandas de Salime
Address Carretera de Lugo, km. 2, 33730
Company Industrias Lácteas Monteverde S.A.
Factory Manager Manuel Blanco Losas
Commercial Director Ernesto Tessier Folgueras
Phone Number 985 980 735
E-mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org
- ‘Tres Oscos’ Line: It is the traditional line, and is characterized by a high component of the fat material which makes its flavor exceptional. They are soft and fresh flavored cheeses, made with selected milks from cows strictly controlled by Monteverde, and therefore, all our products are guaranteed from the origin of the raw material used until processing and its subsequent distribution.
- ‘Berenguela’ Line: Responds to the new needs of society and health care, for this reason and for this sector, Monteverde manufactures a cow cheese with 30% less fat than the previous one, but that fully meets the nutrition and taste needs of our customers.
- ‘Asunción’ Line: They are made of goat and a mixture of cow and goat. It arises as the final result of a goats livestock development in the Oscos region.
Production Range 90.000 liters per day
Address Carretera de Colunga s/n, 33540
Company Quesería Lafuente S.A.
Operational Manager Raquel Pérez
Production Manager María Jesús Fernández
Phone Number 985840071 / 942526251
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Light Fresh Mozzarella
- Burrata Cheese
- Fresh Mozzarella Pearls
- Fresh Mozzarella Slices
Web Page queseríalafuente.com
Production Range 140.000-160.000 liters per day
Location Ribera de Arriba
Address Vegalencia, 33173, Ribera de Arriba
Company Mantequerías Arias S.A.
Factory Manager Cyril Hahusseau
Phone Number 985 796 100
- Fresh Pasteurized Cheese ‘Burgo de Arias’. Within this line there are low-fat, low-salt products, made with goat’s milk, with cow’s milk, and organic, as well as a wide variety of formats.
- Cream Cheese ‘San Millán’. In this line, products are made with cow’s milk, and there are low-fat and with garlic and parsley options.
Web Page arias.es
Production Range Not specified